Create a historical timeline of biblical stories and write a brief narrative of each story. Students will have better memorization of biblical timelines and will be able to express their knowledge in their own words.
• Read the stories of The Baptism of Christ; The Temptation of Christ; The Sermon on the Mount then look at the stamps (without titles).
• Place the stamps in order of the stories.
• Give supporting evidence for the stamps' order of placement.
• What icons are used to represent each story? How did the artist re-create scenes through images rather than through text?
• Is it possible to tell three stories in one image? How?
• Why does the artist of the original artwork choose to represent specific biblical stories? How are they important to students’ overall religious studies?
• Do the stories lead into specific types of Catholic liturgies? How do you think they evolved?