Tips for finding the right stamps for your lesson plans:
• Many biblical stories are found under Pope John Paul II.
• Pope John Paul II stamps often explored secular subjects.
• World politics, travels, religions, and cultural context can be found under Popes Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI.
• Unique artistic styles, studies of art history, and commemoration of people associated with the arts can be found under Popes John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI stamps.
• The stamp collection under Pope Pius XI had monochrome images of churches, portraits of the Pope, and the Vatican City symbol.
• Popes Pius XII and John XXIII stamps focus more on commemoration of religious people, observations, and churches.
• Use the “My Collections” page to select specific stamps of interest (see slide 12).
• Each pontificate category has an overview that will give more historical depth to the stamps.