Cincinnati, Ohio Owney tag
This round metal tag came from Cincinnati, Ohio’s Mabley & Carew Department Store. Mabley & Carew was founded in Cincinnati in 1877 by Joseph T. Carew and C.R. Mabley. In 1881 James W. McLaughlin designed the store’s original building on Vine Street. The 12 story-tall building was demolished in 1907. There is no available information to indicate when this tag was presented to Owney.