A 3-cent stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of Nassau Hall was issued on September 22, 1956, in Princeton, New Jersey. Nassau Hall was the first permanent building at Princeton University, which was founded in 1746 as The College of New Jersey. The building served briefly as the US Capitol in 1783, when Continental Congress met there after fleeing from Philadelphia.
The stamp's central design, which features Nassau Hall, was reproduced from a photographic print of the Dawkins engraving of 1764. The wording "200th Anniversary of Nassau Hall 1756 1956" in dark face Roman is arranged in two lines across the top of the stamp, and "3c United States Postage 3c" in whiteface Roman appears at the bottom of the stamp.
The stamp is 0.84 by 1.44 inches in dimension, arranged horizontally with a double outline frame, printed by the rotary process, electric-eye perforated, and issued in sheets of fifty. The stamp is printed in black on orange-coated paper. The printing of 120,000,000 stamps was authorized.
Postal Bulletin (August 7, 1956).
Princeton University. "A Brief History of Nassau Hall." http://www.princeton.edu/mudd/news/faq/topics/nassau.shtml.